St. Margaret of Scotland Catholic Church
The focus of the Lazarus Ministry is to provide assistance to the families of faithfully departed members of St. Margaret of Scotland for the Christian Catholic Funeral. To show support during their loss and grief and to assure that funeral preparations are within the guidelines of the archdiocese.
Assistance and Support to Bereaved Families:
• The assistance is offered through prayer, planning of the Funeral Mass and participating as needed in various roles of the Mass (i.e. ushers, lectors and Eucharistic Ministers).
• The members also provide follow-up with the members and if necessary referrals to the pastor
• Literature is provided to the bereaved family to assist them in various areas.
• The ministry host the annual memorial mass in November honoring all
members who have passed during the year. A reception for family members
immediately following the mass.
• Members go on retreat together and pray together for the deceased of the parish.
Maria Lamont – President
Jean Jackson – Secretary